How to choose a security panel for intrusion?
The security panel is a very important part of the intrusion alarm system, the brain and core of the intrusion alarm system. So how do we choose a security panel for intrusion?
1. Classification of the panel
(1) According to the communication method between the detectors, the security panels can be divided into:
- Bus-wire panel: The front-end detector is connected to the security panel through the address module. The bus-wire panel features:
① The bus-wire panel has a larger capacity: more than 100 address modules can be connected to the bus wire, and some can even be connected to more than 200 address modules.
② The area of defense is larger: some bus wire distance is more than 3000 meters, which can cover a wider range.
③ Stronger scalability: the external linkage modules can be connected to the security panel to realize linkage with external devices while the panel alarms.
- Sub-wire panel: The front-end detector is directly connected to the panel. The sub-wire panel appeared earlier, and it is a more traditional panel. Now the main panels in the market are the sub-wire panels. Its defense area capacity is limited, each defense area must be independently wired to the security panel, and the scalability is not strong.
- Wireless panel: The data transmission is carried out between the front-end detector and the wireless panel by means of signal transmission and reception. The wireless panel does not need wiring, and has the advantages of convenient installation and cost saving. However, there are also problems such as poor reliability, easy interference by other radio waves, and wireless channel blocking problems.
(2) According to its own communication mode, the security panels can be divided into:
- PSTN (landline phone) panel: When the panel alarms, it will transmit the alarm signal to the alarm receiver through the landline phone line, or dial the preset phone. This is a traditional network alarm method.
- GSM panel: When the panel alarms, it will send a short message to the preset phone through the GSM network, or dial the preset phone. This method has been used for many years and is more suitable for house use.
- GPRS/4G panel: When the panel alarms, it will alarm to the alarm platform or preset phone through the GPRS/4G network. This method has the characteristics of fast response time, large capacity, non-blocking, wide range, convenient installation, etc., and can realize functions such as remote management and inspection through the network.
- TCP/IP panel: When the panel alarms, it will alarm to the alarm platform through the internet network. This method has the characteristics of fast response time, large capacity, non-blocking, wide range, low cost, etc., and can realize functions such as remote management and inspection through the network.
- WIFI panel: When the panel alarms, it will alarm to the alarm platform through the internet network. This method is generally used for houses.
2. The requirements of the intrusion alarm system for the panel
- Requirements for safety: The panel itself must have high safety, such as tamper, anti-cutting, anti-power failure, and other functions.
- Requirements for transmission: The alarm information must be timely, accurate, and comprehensive, and there must be a variety of information transmission methods to ensure that when a certain transmission method is invalid, other transmission methods can be transmitted normally to ensure safety.
- Requirements for the zone: It can be determined according to the actual needs of the user, and the bus-wire type, sub-wire type, or wireless type panel can be selected. For example, the security work of a bank involves many departments and a large area. It needs enough defense zones to install detection equipment. At the same time, the types of defense zones must be diverse to adapt to different security needs and ensure the safety of each area.
- Requirements for functions: Different users may have different requirements for the panel. The panel must be powerful enough to meet the different needs of different users.
- Requirements for operation: The panel must be easy to operate and manage.
3. The functions of the high-performance security panel
- Safe, stable, and reliable: anti-short circuit, tamper, signal line, telephone line anti-cut, AC power failure alarm, battery loss, low voltage alarm, etc. Can store a large number of alarms, operations, and other information. Must have two or more information transmission functions.
- Linkage output function: when the panel alarms, it can link output devices such as sirens, spotlights, door locks, display screens, and voice, etc. And by adding a linkage module, the security panel can link multiple output devices.
- Fast, accurate, and diverse transmission functions: The panel must be able to access the alarm monitoring center in various ways. The access of the panel to the alarm cloud platform (network alarm monitoring system solution) is the latest development trend in the security field. The panel is generally transmitted to the alarm monitoring center through TCP/IP, and at the same time, it adopts wireless transmission methods such as GPRS/4G to send alarm information to the alarm monitoring center to ensure the normal transmission of alarm information. In addition, the panel can also transmit alarm information through PSTN telephone line dial-up alarm mode, and transmit the alarm information to the alarm monitoring center synchronously. Security personnel can take the next action based on the information obtained to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the action.
- Various types of defense zones and large capacity: The bus-wire panel which is compatible with wired and wireless defense zones, and has more than 200 bus-wire defense zones is recommended. The users can freely choose the defense zone to install detection equipment.
- Hierarchical management function: Users can be divided into multiple levels, with different levels of authority to ensure the security of the intrusion alarm system.
- Multi-point operation function: Multiple keypads can be installed in multiple places, which can fully operate the panel.
- Partition management function: The panel defense area can be divided into multiple parts, and the panel defense area can be managed by partition. Different partitions have different functions, which are convenient for users to use.
- Various arm/disarm methods: The panel can be armed/disarmed by keypad, remote control, landing telephone, mobile phone, alarm software, etc.
- Simple and easy to use: simple buttons, easy operation, voice prompt, etc.
When choosing a security panel, it is necessary to consider multiple factors such as building area, structural characteristics, property value, and surrounding environment, and choose the security panel and accessories with good quality and suitable functions according to the specific use requirements of users. Can not blindly pursue multi-function and price levels. Here we recommend Athenalarm AS-9000 series security panels, they have a variety of models, fully meet all the above functions, you can choose according to your needs. Please click here for more features and information on the Athenalarm AS-9000 series security panel.